Picture
Scott w/ Dr. Ed Thomas.
No pain, no gain. Feel the burn. My trainer is evil and tortures me every session. blah blah blah...

I seriously think alot of this is just false bravado that stems from wanting a pat on the back and recognition from others for how hard we "brought it" in the gym today.

Hell, there are some "systems" of exercise that give awards for puking after or during a particularly grueling workout. It doesn't take a rocket scientist to make someone puke during exericse, actually it's quite easy and in my opinion not a desireable training goal.

When did training become more about abuse, and less about becoming, stronger, healthier, and more fit?

Does your workout lead to progress or physical damage? Which is better? If you experience an injury it may sideline your training. Last time I checked, not training was a bad way to progress and get better.

I, along with three friends, had the very good fortune of learning from Dr. Ed Thomas in my gym for an afternoon a while back. If you don't know who he is you should fix that. Dr. Thomas has forgetten more about training and physical culture than most of us will ever learn.

One of the most simplistically brilliant things I've ever heard was when, after discussing the current state of the fitness industry, he told me, "Fitness shouldn't hurt."

Nuff' said...

Stay Strong AND Healthy!

-Scott

Comments

07/31/2015 08:11

I have got a lot of information from this website and I know how to get free amazon gift card codes free.

04/21/2017 02:04

Chantel ST Claire however you might be questioning what's the fine neck anti wrinkle cream.the first thing which you should do is find out what sort of skin you have. Chantel ST Claire it's far very important that you preserve the skin for your neck properly moisturized in order.

02/18/2016 02:07

This is a very benefit article for the health fitness. Mostly people are doing the many work for fitness to health just like gym joining, running and exercise. Always chose the best trainer for fitness to health. Remember they will take after you some day.

04/22/2017 00:22

Alpha Male EX dietary supplements that are powerful for reducing ldl cholesterol that are aspect effect free. there are more than a few of recent medicines Alpha Male EX which can be very effective for emergency use such as extraordinarily.

04/16/2016 03:42

Any fat person take the help this post for lose the weight. Some people are taking the good ideas for body building. The best way to capture of your ideas is through having a paper and a pen every time.

I am very interested in all the information written on this page, for that I can only say thank you to all those I've read on this page.

10/06/2016 18:17

I visited several web pages but the audio feature for audio songs existing at this web site is actually wonderful.

11/05/2016 00:13

Appreciate for you time in sharing your taught with this post.
this is more precised and informative , which opens a platform for quality of discussion with positive direction.

Various teenagers and adults are wanted to enhance their muscles and body transformation. The people who wanted to loose weight they have to go to the gym and get training form professionals. Thanks for the great interesting article that is informative.